09-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #44
niknik
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: X1 23d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberry View Post
I've also experienced a high pitch 'screaching' noise from the front of the car at speeds of 75 > 80 mph, that sounds like a dry bearing, so am glad that there appears to be a fix.

Other 'issues'? - internal door pull handles 'feel' cheap and should be covered in leather. (...). On a vehical costing the amount that it did there should be none of these problems. A point worth mentioning is that the service that I have recieved from BMW has been superb.
Yes, the high pitch noise is a known issue (my X1 23d also had it, they fixed it).

As for the cheap plastics and the door pull handles, indeed they should have a much better quality in a car this expensive.
(In the passenger side, my door pull handles almost "cuts" your hand due to the rough edges!)

Also, driver door sometime rattles when driving through rough roads (it stops if you apply outward pressure on the door panel - making me thing it's just a simple case of tightening some bolts or screws.)

Again - the car is great and handles as a dream; but these minor flaws shouldn't happen in a "BMW"!
Appreciate 0