View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Tirpitz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328 GT, 2017 i3 REX

I looked the TSX wagon with a glance at the RDX. I did not like the looks of the RDX and as mentioned Acura's color palette is pretty lousy. If the upgraded stereo is anything like the TSX one it will blow you away. If I just cared about the stereo I would have bought the TSX instead of the X1. Acura's interior design is very button heavy which gave the cars a very "busy" feel.

The RDX has the V6 that the TSX wagon should have. The wagon is a bit underwhelming with non-turbo four. The RDX is quick with a 0-60 time close to the 28i X1. The 35i is around a second better to 60. Acura's seem to have gone in the direction of comfort rather than sport and the handling is no where near what you can get on the BMW.

The fully loaded RDX with AWD is a shade over $40K. Based on my experience with the wagon you can probably get it for around the mid $38K's. At the end of the day the RDX is an upgraded CR-V. While it is reasonably fast in a straight line it will not handle like the X1. But if you need more cargo capacity and mostly want a good highway cruiser it is a car worth looking at. Though if you don't need all the luxury features or the horsepower then you should be buying a CR-V instead. It is a better deal provided you don't want speed, handling, or luxury.
Appreciate 0