View Single Post
      02-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #45
Voice of reason
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 458 Italia

[QUOTE=SCOTT26;11362165]The Entry Performer

BMW X1 M 35i xDrive : M Performance.

In preparing the Life Cycle Impulse for the BMW X1 a car that is still Europe's best selling All wheel drive vehicle as well as a huge seller for BMW, so much so that the North American market has been denied the opportunity twice due to strong demand across europe.

Sensing the opportunity to not only bring the X1 with the latest improvements, it will also be the opportunity to launch the BMW M Performance brand in the US. As the M Performance X5 and X6M50d will not come to the US market as well as the M550dxDrive and M550dxDrive Touring.

Another vehicle the US will miss out on will be the imminent BMW M135i which arrives first as a 3dr and 5dr Sporthatch and then with additional xDrive. Since the more US friendly Coupe and Cabrio models of the next generation are still someway off.

Scott- slighly off topic- I was in Augulas on Saterday-(for those who are not familiar with this part of South Africa- the southern most tip of Africa) we came accross a whole convoy of BMW's- new 3 series, 1 series and others in diffirent stages of camouflage. I could not take pictures- unfortunatly- as we were travelling in the opposite direction.

Can you confirm if the M135 was one of the vehicles being tested? maybe some of the performance diesels?

Thank you
Appreciate 0