View Single Post
      11-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #49
xirsteon
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
For the best price you might have to drive there twice since the dealers will likely go down another $500-$1000 after you leave and they call you back. But I find for us what worked is we told the sales person that we're ready to put down a deposit but it has to be our price. I know if we left and came we might have gotten a slightly better deal but it wasn't worth the hassle at that point. Plus it was best model among all the dealers within a hundred miles.

Best of luck!
Thanks. I generally prefer dealing with them over e-mail. Over the phone can be a hit/miss. One thing is what they say on the phone, the other is what happens when you arrive there. I had a friend who despite putting a deposit down, the dealer sold the car before he and his wfie arrived without a single phone call to give them heads-up so as to save the hassle of going there (Long Island City from Albany).

The particular dealer that has the X1 I'm interested in has bad reviews on Yelp (but only in service dept). The only thing drawing me there is the CPO warranty that comes with it besides the car being a white (I've a black car the last 8 yrs and it's a day/nightmare trying to keep it shining. The other X1 is black and it's only 7 miles away from me. However it's not CPO and they guy is quite firm on price (he'll throw in new all-seasons).

In a way, I'm debating if I should just save the 8 hr round trip and get the closer non-cpo or go through the hassle getting the add'l 2 yr / 50k CPO warranty.
Appreciate 0