View Single Post
      03-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
edx1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL350 View Post
I would let the driving experience decide for you. The packages you desire may not be as important if the experience is not your cup of tea. I chose X1 because it is not common, looks great, got a good deal. 3 series was never an option.
+2 They are very different vehicles, driving and luxary.

I like the 6" higher ride height without the typical wobbly x3/compact suv feel and the hatch for hauling things is more ideal than a trunk. There was no 3 series wagon when I ordered and I never have liked the 3 series wagon look. The 3 series does have the magnetic shocks option and other bells and whistles that aren't even options in the X1. The X1 is old technology but it's proven and quite good. I went with a nearly stripper X1 35 for the power and handling that reminds me of my current car and no bells and whistles to break as I plan to drive it until it's dead. To me the X1 is more unique and more fun to drive than the 3 series. There are many 3 sereis drivers that despise the x1 in every way. The question I'd ask you is if you fit the 3 series people category or if you're part of the smaller but growing group that the X1 fits better for. If BMW didn't have the X1 I'd have ended up with either an EX35, All-road or waited for the Q3.
Appreciate 0