04-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #29
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by e85sbm View Post
Funny that you mention Calgary Olympics was a flop.

It was actually rated as one of the best Olympics in years and the facilities are now seeing a decline in usage due to the much newer infrastructure built less than 700 miles away in Vancouver.

Sorry for the tangent!!!!

Back on topic........... Congrats to BMW for stepping up and being such an integral part of an amazing global event such as the Olympics. They should reap some benefits from the added publicity and visibility on their great product (both BMW and MINI)
My bad. I was a toddler in 1988. I read the wiki on it. Seems to be a pretty good Olympic from a financial and operational perspective. 0 Gold medal tho... ouch.

I am sure London would've learned a lot from the totally extravagant Beijing Olympics (who managed to clean the air up before the game... nuts), the reasonably budgeted one in Vancouver with IOC commenting as some of the best atmosphered Olympic game ever (who managed to fill snow back up Cypress mountain despite low snow pack and above 0 temperature). It doesn't have to be a Montreal every time.