View Single Post
      10-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #11
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
This is just an educated guess, but I think the new X1 is going to be somewhat smaller in total length, however interior space will probably be about the same. It will become FWD biased based on the Mini Countryman platform. And I would guess it will be both faster and more fuel efficient. But because it will be FWD biased and will have electronic steering (instead of hydraulic), it will most likely not handle as well, or it may handle as well but just may not have the same feel.

If it were me I would just wait for the new one as it will most likely have many more features than the current model. I would expect the new version of iDrive and many of the newer safety features and probably also adaptive cruise control.
But based on what you guys said, the new gen x1 probably wouldn't be released until early 2016 (or late 2015), that's still almost 1 year away!

By that time, it will be huge demand, and I will probably have to wait even longer to get an X1. Just don't knwo what to do!

I've been debating since last week on this. AHH

Last by not least, I am wondering if the new 2016 x1 will be released at the same time with other countries, as I am aware that x1 was first released in Europe in 2009, and it wasn't until 2012 before US/Canada got their hands on it. Wonder if the same will apply for the new gen. If that's the case, it will take at least 2-3 years for me to get my hands on the new gen!
Appreciate 0