View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #127
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post

It's really funny how your bravado diminishes with every post. Do I need to remind you that you started all of this with your statement that an X1 will "beat an M3 in a straight line with a simple tune."
Just to clarify, I still believe that. I'm not backing off anything.

Quote:
Now it's obvious you've backed well off of that statement, for good reason. Your car does not have just a "simple tune", nor has it been proven capable of beating any stock M3s in a straight line.
Yes it does. I have two aftermarket parts on my car - a simple JB4 tune and a chargepipe (which is for reliability and does not add any power). I got my tune for $400 brand new from a user on these forums (and added $30 flexfuel wires) and the chargepipe is $219 new. I can take both of them off and be entirely stock in under 30 minutes flat.

Quote:
(All you do is push forward hypotheticals and counterfactuals, with your hand-picked examples of some of the worst timeslips available for the E92 M3, and under your arbitrary assumptions and speed limit rules that serve only to disadvantage the M3. Even with that, the best you can do is claim a tie that you haven't proven.)
I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Your comment about "cherry picking" is incorrect because the X1 was on the same track. Clearly it's a slow track - the M3 is really a mid 12 second car (high 12's with the slower manual transmission), but that means the X1 ran a slow time too. I chose times ran by the same organization on the same exact track. Edmunds found the M3 to run a 12.9 on the same track that the X1 ran a 13.8. There was a 11mph difference in trap speed. Same altitude, conditions, everything. You can bitch all you want, but as far as I can find on Google this is the only data available between the X1 and M3 on the same track.

If you're going to claim that there is a greater differential between the M3 and the X1, the onus is on you to prove me (and Edmunds) wrong. I'm the only one that's posted data here.

The X1 that Edmunds tested further had all season tires on it; mine came from the factory with Pirelli P Zero's. That alone is good for .1 seconds along with disabling DTC.

The point I am making is that on the same track under the same conditions, there is a .9 second differential between a stock M3 and a stock X1 with all season tires. If you've ever been to the track before you should realize that adding 100WHP and performance tires to a car is good for easily a full second on cars of these weight, which would put the X1 in front of the M3.

So I assume you have proof that Edmunds is wrong since you're so confident of your claims? I wish I could find another publication that tested both, but Car and Driver only tested the 28i in the 1/4 mile.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 03-03-2013 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 0