Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Why are you anti JB4 at all? The M2's motor will be more robust than the N20. You should have nothing but smiles with the Jb4. And why were you let down by the ER downpipe?
The downpipe is really not giving much for the price paid. I also talked to ER a few times before and after the purchase regarding the engine light. The install sheets they sent me were way off, the pipe fits ok at best. It's been more of a headache installing that stupid thing than the 4hp it might be giving me. Turbo spool up doesn't seem to be any better either.

As for JB4, I really want something more like my SCT I've used in my mustangs and my thunderbird. It gave me the ability to switch tunes based on fuel brand, type etc. I could change my own timing, RPM limits in each gear etc etc etc. JB4 allows on-the-fly changing of tunes which I like, but I can't alter those tunes based on my own wishes. It's also just a piggyback, not a load in tune which has far higher reliability because of the more in depth parameter changes done to the engine's needs and requirements. JB4 gives much better power, options and user interface, but it could still be better.

For my M2, I want something that I, ultimately, can control and adjust.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0