View Single Post
      07-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #13
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
I've called Dinan about the N20 "tune". I'm having the same issues, my a/f is way off especially when the air temps get "hot", 85F or so for you Americans. I'll never go their route again, but I'm not sure I want to go with Burger for my M2. I kind of want something in-between. Nobody seems to give a shit about BMWs lately, maybe because they're difficult? Whatever the excuse for not having a proper re-map of the factory computer, these piggy backs just don't give the quality of the old fashioned re-flashes.

I do find my JB4 to be a better option all around. It seems to have better a/f control than the Dinan, and as stated above, the ability to switch it off.

Continuing on with products I'm less than impressed with, my ER downpipe has really let me down. That's another company I'll never bother with again. They didn't seem to put much R&D into the N20 parts as I've been having nothing but issues with it.

NOTE FOR DINAN GUYS: Has anyone just out of curiosity had their computer scanned for any codes? I'd like to see if anyone else is getting MAF, MAP and wastegate codes. (JB4 doesn't throw anything).
Why are you anti JB4 at all? The M2's motor will be more robust than the N20. You should have nothing but smiles with the Jb4. And why were you let down by the ER downpipe?
Appreciate 0