View Single Post
      05-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
Black Flagged
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Here in sunny So. Cal were it doesn't rain but a couple times a year.

I wash my E84 and E88 every weekend and mind you they are both garaged... I'm obsessed with keeping them looking as good as the day I brought them home.

I use the two bucket method with a yellow sponge, a pressure washer, micro soft towels to dry and a vacuum that I use to blow air.

I have two black cars and the most damage comes from washing the dirt off the car. That's where the swirl marks come from so to avoid a many of them as possible use a pressure washer to blast off all that grim, bug guts, bird crap and what ever is on the paint. Wash with little amount of soap since the soap helps strip off the wax. Rinse and wipe them down with yellow micro towels (only) nothing else. After wiping it down then I use a shop vac in reverse to blow air. Start with the rear and work my way to the front of the car. Open the doors and blow the water out of all the nooks and crannies. Then I use a spray wax to help protect the paint for the week and it also keeps that black paint just as shinny as the day I bought them.

I use all of the meguiar's products and have use them for over 40 years, never have been disappointed with any of there products.
Appreciate 2