View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #79
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440xi Gran Coupe!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxim View Post
I ordered an OEM part (BMW Part 84 21 2 219 219) the BMW station for Apple Iphone, this product is not sold in North America yet.
It may be that it is only available in Germany. I had the product installed by an authorized BMW dealer, but am having issues with the quality of the audio. Music sounds like my speakers are blown. Goes from low to high pitch depending on what part of the song is playing. Song levels are completely off. I tried adjusting the settings on the radio and iphone, to no avail. What is interesting as well is the fact now the aux jack in the center console which played fine before is emitting the same quality sound now that the station is installed.

I think it’s probably an issue with the coding, I don’t see it being an issue with the actual station since the connection is analog.
I was hoping to get some information for my dealer on troubleshooting the issue, or coding the product, maybe an update is required that isn’t available in Canada yet?

I drive a 2007 BMW 328xi coupe
Any information will be greatly appreciated

The easy answer....they f****d up the wiring when they did the install and the connection is loose, they likely spliced it into the aux input and it is not a proper connection. Thus the sound changes and static. Make them fix it.
Appreciate 0