03-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #254
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Who knows, but if you're talking about performance, that's how it's done. Cars are compared via their best times possible, not "avoiding breaking things."

Yes, the X1 may be a 14 second car if you don't launch it properly to "avoid breaking things." That's very different than saying the X1 is a "14 second car stock."
I don't disagree the times we get from folks are usually with them trying to peak things, that's why I take them with a grain of salt. You can criticize my launches or whatever I'm not trying to prove anything, just showing what happened when I went to the track with some friends. At least I'm trying things and posting stuff.

The thing I always hate about posting track times is people seem to think that time is supposed to represent something more than it does. I'm not the guy who only posts videos of his absolute best runs/times. I like showing what it did, probably not at it's best or me, but that's reality. There's people giving my friend flack because he ran a 12.7 in his M5 in that one run, like he committed a holy crime or something. Not all runs are good runs and if that's all you're ever shown or told about by someone they're a bullshatter.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0