mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpxfunix View Post
Hi

Just out interest... What prices do you guys in the US pay for 93?

In the UK we get 95 & 99. 95 is roughly £1.33 a litre and 99 £1.40. There's a few filling stations doing it for £1.29, but not many. Diesel is £1.39 to £1.41 depending on where you go.

So... 95 in dollars is somewhere around $2.13 a litre with the current exchange rate.

How does that compare to what you pay???

J.
I can't do the math (liter to US gallon), so I'll let someone else answer, but it's interesting to me that diesel is about the same as "petrol" in the UK.

A car I almost bought before deciding on the X1 is the VW Jetta TDI SportWagen. The salesman boasted about the MPG, which is rated something like 29/39. But here in the LA area diesel is almost always priced as high or higher than premium gas. One station in my area has gas from $3.50-3.80, but sells diesel over $4. Like I said, I am not good at math, but it seemed to me the diesel surcharge would cut into any MPG benefit.

We did have a price burst on gas a couple months back where, for a couple weeks, diesel was actually priced better than gas. But that didn't last...

I am glad I got the X1, but if diesel were priced more competitively in the LA area, I probably would have bought the VW...
Appreciate 0