View Single Post
      01-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Nav advice please

Well I have read the manual on Nav a couple times now, but I don't think I am getting how to use this function to its best advantage. Never had Nav in a car before.

Here are my questions for some experienced Nav people who will do me the favor of not referring me back to the manual (see my first sentence):

1 - traffic info for daily commute: what's the best way to get this? Two major LA freeways are part of my commute. I can turn on "traffic info," but the screen is so clogged with detail I don't know what I am looking at. Also, that won't show me alerts for a problem 10 miles ahead on my commute, on a different freeway (unless I do a lot of scrolling and adjusting I shouldn't do while driving...). Yesterday I added my home and my office as destinations. Is this what I should do to get the best traffic info for my commute - turn on Guidance at the start of my work trip, coming or going?

2 - adding destinations: I ended up doing manual entry. I tried the interactive map and it couldn't identify my location exactly enough to enter the address as a destination. Any hints? I also tried to enter an address once using voice command and got so frustrated I gave up. I couldn't get it to register the street number, just the street and city. Advice there?

3 - any other hints/suggestions? What are some ways other drivers use Nav to make driving easier?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!
Appreciate 0