View Single Post
      10-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
wcinvest
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (awaiting delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
It's pretty amazing that BMW SUV's may be better than BMW cars. Better reviews and better resale especially the X5 and I expect the new X3 will retain its value as well. I agree the X1 should hold its value well, when they replace it the new one will be front wheel drive based so this is the last of its kind. The last X3 was a piece of crap compared to the X1 and I owned 2 X3's. it rides so much better, much nicer interior, better engine , fuel economy and better transmission. Every vehicle keeps getter bigger in BMW's line up and the X1 is a great size unless you have more than 2 kids. I would take an X1 over a 3 series sedan any day unless you really have to have a manual transmission.
I choose the X1 over a 328i series sedan since its a little narrower which in my situation actually means a lot, has much more utility when it comes to cargo space despite not being as long and arguably drives just as well in everyday driving while still being fun to drive.

Clearly the 328i has advantages such as being better when driven in an enthusiastic manner around turns, faster, nicer interior* and in all likelihood better real world fuel economy.

* I do like how the navigation is integrated on the X1 more then the 328i in terms of looks but the 328i nav position is a little better for safety and keeping your eyes on the road.
Appreciate 0