View Single Post
      03-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #17
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconey View Post
I just through on a jb4 and it really let's the car stretch it's legs. I have an e90 which is pretty much bolt on sans a charge pipe so no need to go all out. /end hijack

I think you are getting a little too serious and complex my friend. The OP is on an X1 forum asking about buying an X1. I gave him my opinion regarding an X1. The 35i may not be for the OP, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the 35i to someone asking opinions about an X1.

As for costs and budget those are great thoughts for the OP to consider, but I'm guessing the cost of ownership of a 35i vs 28i isn't going to be too substantial.
No upgraded charge pipe with the JB4? How long has it been on? Don't the factory ones crack under stock boost levels? No issues yet? How long has it been on? I'm torn if I should jump on a JB4 or not.

Not trying to be serious, but you certainly got me on the complex. You're probably right, the difference in price between the 28i and the 35i in regards to commuting isn't going to be substantial. `$25 per oil changes, and a few $$ here and there additionally to brakes etc. It's not really worth considering, given the difference between the 28i and the 35i.

And the OP probably isn't overly worried about commuting costs, if looking at a x128i either.
Appreciate 0