04-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #140
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
BMW is using the same gear ratios in every 8hp and settling the difference in the rear end to keep purchasing power higher with the transmissions. That is why the 6hp confuses me- the difference in price is not that much when one thinks about the CAFE hit, there must be another reason and I have not heard that answer yet. It probably is the few bucks saved to hit the sub- $40k price.

The other thing could be the xDrive in the 35i being positioned differently and there is not enough space, where the 28i being a 4 allows the space.

I just find it hard to believe they are going to stick with the 6hp for the rest of life on that model- every other model will be 8 speed by then....

I'll continue to ask and see what I get from AG.
Cool, let us know what you find out Michael. Personally I think the N20 + 8HP for an sDrive 28i is a killer deal for $32K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Man, I live in Canada, it was dry, now they say I will have a winter storm in few hours with 20 cm of snow. What the heck I am gonna do with performance tires?

In May when everybody takes the convertible out, it snowed and stuck everyone. So in these conditions I can use their tire in June, July and August, September is not safe already. I have other cars as well, the "summer tires" are actually high performance all season.

If Nokian will come up with new all-weather on RFT for 18" that's what I am gonna buy. So far though, the offer is absolutely ridiculous.
I live in Texas. What is snow? I'll admit to having a bit of tunnel vision on this issue as it relates to those that get a real winter.
Appreciate 0