01-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #26
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hello guys,

As promissed I'm back with an update.

I have received my XDrive mats today. Canadian dealership is BS me for few months now and I need them, so I have ordered them over the phone from www.unitedbmwonline.com in US.
The price was 268.90 CAD including rate exchange and shipping.
My interior is beige. However due to the fact that usually the beige mats have the tendency to get from the shoes black marks that can not be cleaned (and look like crap), I have decided to go for black. My summer OEM mats are black anyway, this is how the car was equiped from start so I am ok and for dirt and snow they are perfect.
The driver's mat has two velcro pads under (exactly like the summer ones) so it is made to stick with the carpet pads. The front passenger one is just too perfect. So are the back ones.
All of them fit very very tight and nice, however, the driver side is not really molded arround the acceleration pedal so you still need to put a cloth or something under if you would like to catch the water that goes down (which is not much anyway but I really like my carpet flawless). I cut a cloth with a scissor and moulded arround and installed it under the mat; it's ok.
However, the mat is not far from the bottom of the pedal and you can install it closer if you want; the velcro will keep it in place.
Anyway, what you see in their website (same pictures above in this thread) is not an X1, it is a different car.
What you see in my pictures are the OEM winter mats for an X1 in an X1.
Bottom line, I like them, much much better than summers ones.
Hope it helps.
Attached Images

Last edited by Teutonic; 01-29-2013 at 02:00 AM..
Appreciate 0