View Single Post
      06-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #45
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisalan View Post
I was in a heavy traffic which made about 10 times on/off during a minute. I have no solid answers to how that might affect the actuator. I hope it has nothing to do current shock in the electric system.

ASS is not welcomed by the mass, so much so that BMW set current generation inactive until you start it. The dealer asked for $299 to recode my X1 for the same function, which I found somewhere online that it should be free of charge.....

Nice pics by the way
Interesting. I think I've read some other mention similar failure and subsequent turbo replacement. I wonder if their situation was similar to yours (i.e. heavy traffic). I can't imagine that be the case, though. That would make the N20 unusable as a city car. I wonder if maybe they had bad batches of turbo builds? As a prospective X1 buyer, I'm torn between a well equipped 28 and a near base 35 (only M-sport and heated front seats). It seems the failures I've heard of are all with the N20.

Crap like that makes me glad my service adviser is a good guy. Did you eventually get it recoded (free of charge)?

Thanks and thanks for looking! It's been a while since I've been able to get out with my camera, though. People still give me crap for the rolling bike and Jeep shots.