View Single Post
      02-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #86
stanjohn123
India
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njerts View Post
If you realy want the lights you can take it slow with no risk.
1) Buy the DEPO headlights.
2) install halogen bulbs from you current headlights.

This will give you the same as you have now except your park light will now be on the angle eyes.

Then you can change things in steps
1) Replace low beam with xeon
2) Move DRL to angle eyes (coding)

Also, I did a lot of testing by just moving the cable from the installed lights to the new lights without actually installing them. The cables are long enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolinX1 View Post
Hey guys, sorry I've taken so long to see this thread.

Yes, Njerts is correct, my Depo housings accept two separate bulbs. A high beam and a low beam bulb. Two separate projectors.

I have a halogen bulb in my high beam location (which I rarely ever use) and I run a Xenon in the low beam setting.

I originally started off with halogens in both locations, but switched the low beam to xenon after about a week. I'll be approaching a year on my install in a few weeks here and I've had no issues at all ever since I coded the Angel Eyes as DRL and turned off the voltage monitor (Bulb out warning) on the low beam circuit using BMWhat.
Thanks a ton guy's. I think I understood it better now. I will go in steps as per your advice and when it comes to coding I will get in touch with you again.

spoolinX1 what color temperature is your halogen bulb and does it color match with your low beam xenon bulb's ?

Suppose I go with 5000K xenon's in low beam to match with the DRL's what color would I need the halogen bulbs to be in the high beam to match the bi-xenon's color ?

We use high beam a lot in my country due to the heavy traffic and maniac drivers coming in the opposite direction. So high beam will be frequently used.

Also since it rains heavily during rainy days I don't think 6000K will offer good visibility, that is why I would like to stick with 4300K and 5000K temps but same time I want it to be as close as it can be to the DRL's white too
Appreciate 0