View Single Post
      09-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #42
EmMHoLLa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Daddy Doug took too long to get to the real reason why they are increasing in price:

The way they drive, it's that simple. BMW ditched its traditional driving dynamics and "feel" of their cars when the E89 Z4 released in '09 and every subsequent model thereafter. They've become numb and disconnected ever since, resembling Audis in character by being fast but being a snooze to drive. These E46s and E39s were the purest expression of BMW driving dynamics and made the driver feel at one with the car and the road.

E9X ///M3 variants will also begin increasing in value within the next few years. The Bangle cars were the last generation of BMWs that still drove like BMWs.

Save for the M2/3/4, I have no more interest in the brand. I will look at Porsche in the future. Their cars have also been somewhat watered down due to EPS, but they are still a hoot to drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Daddy Doug took too long to get to the real reason why they are increasing in price:

The way they drive, it's that simple. BMW ditched its traditional driving dynamics and "feel" of their cars when the E89 Z4 released in '09 and every subsequent model thereafter. They've become numb and disconnected ever since, resembling Audis in character by being fast but being a snooze to drive. These E46s and E39s were the purest expression of BMW driving dynamics and made the driver feel at one with the car and the road.

E9X ///M3 variants will also begin increasing in value within the next few years. The Bangle cars were the last generation of BMWs that still drove like BMWs.

Save for the M2/3/4, I have no more interest in the brand. I will look at Porsche in the future. Their cars have also been somewhat watered down due to EPS, but they are still a hoot to drive.
As long as you're ready to pay the Porsche tax.. I have an M6GC prior to to that I had a panamera. I love both cars. I looked into the latest model panamera and the leases stink and the dealer would give little to no discount on a purchase. The Gap in price to me doesn't equal the gap in performance when looking at similarly equipped M cars. The value is with BMW when compared to Porsche.
Appreciate 0