12-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #31
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
You have to explicitly get your dealer to add them to the order - the ordering system removes them by default. Since you have to OK the order, including all the items, before it goes to BMW, it is technically your own fault for not noting that it's missing. However, I think BMW should own up to this one and let those who expected paddle shifters (because the web page said so) get them retrofitted for free. This is about goodwill.

My order lacked the paddle shifters and the dark crosshatch aluminium trim which were selected, and I had the dealer add them back in.
So yes, read the order before you sign it.
It's shameful how poorly BMW has handled this fiasco. The shifters were listed as standard equipment on the M Sport package. Period. When the M Sport steering wheel is listed on the configuration, why on earth would a reasonable person question whether that steering wheel has paddle shifters? Not knowing there are two steering wheel options, of course you're going to assume they're included. There are lots of items that aren't specifically spelled out on the configuration sheet, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be expected to be on the car.

Many customers were financially compensated for the issue. Good for them. But some of us got next to nothing. My CA assured me BMW would make this right. Well, they haven't, and it doesn't look like they intend to do any more for me. In hindsight, I wish I had walked away. Beyond the financial issue, there is a principle involved, and I am disappointed in myself for not taking a stand. I assure you it won't happen again.

Last edited by HotRodW; 12-12-2012 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0