08-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I'll throw in my 2 cents. I drove an x3 in both engine variants, both with the 8 speed. Yesterday I drove the x1 35i. For the x3s I greatly preferred the 35i although the 28i wasn't bad at all. However, I was not as impressed with the x1 35i and I really think its because of the transmission. The x3 35i felt quite a bit more responsive than the x1 and honestly felt faster.

Next week I'll drive the x1 xdrive28i and I expect to like it more. That being said, I was not at all impressed with the x1 interior and I'm not sold on the car at this point.
Same feelings I have. The X3 35i is much heavier, but still feels better with the 8s transmission. The interior plastic quality of the X1 is a huge let down, worse than our E82 and honestly worse than many cheaper cars. The only real plus of the interior design is that the nav screen is much better integrated than in the F30/F31, but being e-chassis based, the E84 will not be getting the updated iDrive hardware that the f-chassis cars are getting soon.
Appreciate 0