View Single Post
      08-11-2015, 09:43 PM   #28
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
The fact that you've steered YET ANOTHER thread toward laptimes is typical from you.

Seriously, how many posts have I read from you that end in your betting someone that you can outrun them?

I'm trying to see if anyone has any experience trying to keep my wife's daily driver off the rear bump stops with a suspension that you've never owned, and you're blabbering on and on about your shop built track toy of JRZs.

Grow the hell up.

Yeah, we get it. We've read the threads. We're all impressed with your car.
Yes, we get it. You wrench your own car. You are a mechanical engineer. You are not a typical X1 owner. Seeing a trend here?

You asked for thoughts in your OP, I gave you mine. When you discounted mine, which are based on more experience than you have on the car, you made some petty remarks.

I would never have brought laptimes up if you didn't imply that me being required to pay a car to wrench my car somehow meant I did not understand suspensions. There is literally no correlation. You threw petty insults twice, so I simply pointed out that just because you wrench your own car, it doesn't mean you understand suspensions either, and it doesn't make you fast around a track. You continually mention that you have tons of experience installing "BMW Suspensions, far more than I do," yet lack any experience whatsoever on this car.

A fast lap time is where the bullshit stops - you can't turn a poor lap time with a poor suspension. Without a validation of a decent lap time, how does anyone know if all of the "tons of BMW suspensions you installed" are any good whatsoever? Any moron can throw springs on a car and claim he installed a suspension.

If you were truly a suspension expert, you would not make a post asking a bunch of BMW X1 owners for their thoughts on whether adding stiffer dampers would prevent springs from bottoming out.

It's a BMW X1 Forum. A BMW X1 FORUM. What can a 10 year Porsche instructor ex mechanical engineer who has installed tons of suspensions and built race cars from scratch POSSIBLY hope to learn about suspensions on a BMW X1 forum?
Appreciate 0