Thread: On the fence...
View Single Post
      05-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #26
GoHawks
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejay_el View Post
I used to drive a coupe. Then after buying a house and getting a dog, the 2-door car with a small trunk wasn't working for me anymore. I needed to get an entry level SUV. It went down between a loaded CX-5 and an X-1 (yes, most wouldn't even consider it as an apples to apples comparison). After test driving both, I couldn't say no to X1's hydraulic steering paired with great handling, for a utilitarian vehicle, despite the over $10k jump from CX-5's price tag

Lemme ask you this... do you think a loaded F31, which is probably $10K more than a loaded E84 28i justify the sticker price? IMHO, I don't think F isn't always a better value than E. I've heard people would prefer getting now the E84 before the F84 rolls out.

With the 4 years maintenance free, decent gas mileage, and if you take advantage of the European delivery and/or performance center delivery, for X1's sticker price, i think that is one of BMW's best valued car
Appreciate the feedback.

I have seen 335s now, with the current option incentives going for $50-51K, with sport, premium, NAV, cold and driver assistance packages. I figure I can get a similar equipped 2015 X1 35i for under $45K. So you're talking a $5-6K difference.

A 328 with similar options, the price is almost the same (granter we're now talking N20 v. N55 motors), again given the option incentives that are out there. But I am drawn to the N55 as I've been spoiled with it for the last 7 years.
Appreciate 0