10-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx1 View Post
One thing I'm still checking into is if the 28i or 35i have the same brakes. I thought I rear somewhere the 35i or a certain trim had bigger brakes but I can't seem to find that information again.
As far as I know, and I'm the first to admit I could be wrong (EDIT: And I was, see Bill's reply below), the 35i was supposed to have larger brakes with brake energy regeneration, before BMW decided to add that also to the 2013 US 28i (s- and i-). All three models appear to have 13" discs, front and rear.

For European models, I do not believe that BER is standard except on the top model.
I also have not read anything about these larger BER brakes being stronger brakes, i.e. stopping the vehicle quicker, just allowing the engine to deliver more power to the wheels and less to charging, for a minimal power boost.

I also believe the M-Sport package gives you tuned dynamic brake handling linked with the ESP, where the inner wheel is braked during sharp turns when ESP deems it's safe, to give you a mild oversteer. But that doesn't change the brakes themselves.

Last edited by Grovsnus; 10-22-2012 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0