View Single Post
      06-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
Lynxx
Rep
Drives: Nissan 300ZX now, X1 soon

Prospective X1 Buyer Questions

Hello X1 owners! I’m considering a X1 xDrive28i. I have some questions that I forgot to ask about when I looked at one at the dealership. Thank you.

1. The automatic engine-kill feature comes as standard equipment on the x28i model. I’m wondering if this feature should be a deal killer for me and to look for something else. It must really shorten a battery’s and a starter’s life. Yes, I know its purpose is to improve gas mileage. But it seems like it’ll be a nuisance in stop and go traffic if the engine cuts off every time one comes to a stop. Is there a switch on the dash that allows the driver to turn the engine-kill feature on/off?

2. My current car has a turbocharger so I’m well aware of turbo issues. Is the X1’s turbo liquid cooled? Turbo manufacturer’s name? Does it have an engine oil radiator?

3. Timing belt or timing chain on the 4 cylinder engine?

4. Does it have power rotating outside mirrors? I think the word is “folding” although they don’t really fold; rather they rotate. Semantics aside, it allows the entire outside mirror assembly to rotate from being perpendicular to the door to being parallel to the door. Most cars have manual rotating outside mirrors; power rotating using a dash switch would be better. My garage is narrow so power rotating mirrors would be real helpful.

5. Does BMW sell Service Manuals for the X1?

Appreciate 0