Thread: Ordered mine!
View Single Post
      06-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #10
DeckerJnr
Rep
Drives: X1 23d

Delivered!

Finally took delivered of the car last weekend...now had a week behind the wheel, so here's my verdict so far: (bear in mind that my previous car for the last 10 yrs has been a 3.2 ltr V6 Merc SLK)

Pros:

Looks - car looks great! The vermillion red is deep and smart and the cream interior really sets it off, will post pics when I can. It looks so much better in the flesh than in pics. The metallic is gleaming and the chrome trim and roof runners add a two-tone look, that I really like.

Drive - the engine has been an absolute joy. I test drove the 2.0xdrive but ordered the 23xdrive, as I like a bit of power and 0-60mph in 7.3s was too tempting to ignore. This motor is fast! It pulls away at speed and overtakes effortlessly at 50mph too. It is quiet, refined and feels so sporty. The steering is heavy but seems right for the car, the suspension is fine and not as tough as I was fearing. Fuel economy is good too - 304 miles from my first tank (mainly urban driving)

Technology - the spec on this car is outstanding. Considering the most modern piece of kit I've ever had on a car was a single-CD radio, the Pro Nav + voice + ipod stuff has blown me away! I've loaded 100's of CD's onto the in car hard drive. My phone synched effortlessly and I can now shout out names in my address book and the car calls them for me! The Sat Nav is easy to use and the Business Edition speaker upgrade is more than enough, the sound is clear and LOUD when needed. The ipod intergraition is impressive, with my entire library and playlists available on screen. The i-drive mouse thingy is simple to use and understand. There is so much more I need to do...synch individual keys for me and the missus, set the memory on the seats etc etc.

Cons:

There are a few minor gripes - wondering if anyone can advise on these points:

Lights - can't believe that a £30k+ motor does not have auto-lights as standard. Turning head-lights on and off should not have to be done manually at this level.

Mirrors - paid extra for folding mirrors, yet they don't auto-fold on locking (my mothers 7yr old A-class has this as standard), why not? Can this be added?

SatNav - no postcode entry??? My old £99 Garmin from Argos could do this!

That's all...will try and get some pics up - should've taken them when it was fresh, now all dusty and road dirty. Will have a clean up and take some then.

DJ
Appreciate 0