View Single Post
      08-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #21
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
What are you talking about? If you know how dampers work, you'd know they can't support the weight of the car. Spring support the car.
That's exactly what I said...

Quote:
A stiffer damper, however, will slightly reduce suspension travel on high speed impacts (not in steady state cornering). That's suspension 101.
At the expense of ride quality.

Quote:
No one is adding dampeners that are valved for stiffer springs. HDs are loved by many for use with stock springs, as well as OE-type sport springs having close to stock rates.
You literally said the HDs are stiffer than your current dampers (not "dampeners"). The product page says they are stiffer than your current dampers.

Quote:
Again, you're posting like you're talking to to newb here. I've run about 10 times more suspension setups on BMWs than you have, I promise.
Cool, what are your lap times at Mid Ohio, Putnam Park, Watkins Glen, Summit Raceway, Pueblo Motorsports park, and NCM? Or by "suspensions" did you mean you're part of the "hard parker" crowd?

Quote:
Tell us, when did you run H&R springs on aftermarket shocks with trimmed bump stops?
I would never do that, I value a properly set up suspension.

Quote:
You're really being a jerk here, as you're claiming to speak from experience with something you clearly have not experienced.
You're the one that started throwing out veiled jabs about me paying a shop to build my car, and stating that you're such the expert. You literally started a thread wondering why throwing some springs on a car upsets ride quality.

If you are such the suspension expert, why are you even making this thread instead of just doing it yourself?

Enjoy your springs, I'll be enjoying a proper suspension. It's your car/money.
Appreciate 0