04-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #10
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post

With a 35mm offset you will need at least a 10mm spacer to clear the strut. Which basically means it was stupid of me to get the 35mm offset instead of 20mm.

At first I thought I didn't have any rubbing, but with these tires there is slight rubbing ONLY at full lock in the middle of the fender liners. After a day or so they don't rub anymore. I did remove one bolt from the oil cooler grill because I was paranoid it might touch when the front end was under load.

You can go basically as wide as you want with appropriate offsets if your car is not lowered, because the fenders are above the wheels. For the back you could probably easily fit 295 or even 305 rubber there if your car is stock height, less if it's lowered. For the front, the only issue you will have is rubbing at full lock in the middle of the fender liners.

The thing is, the rubbing is caused because my tire diameter is slightly bigger than stock. 265/35/19 is a taller tire than the stock 225/40/19. If I could do it over, I think I would do 9.5 square setup ET20 with 275/30/19. This would be 2.3% smaller than stock diameter, which would almost definitely not rub.
thank you for your answers!
Basically, I am trying to find out what will be the most wider tire I can install in a square setup without getting any rubbing, even at full lock.

PS
What is the impact of your new setup on the gas mileage ?

Last edited by Teutonic; 04-13-2014 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0