04-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #37
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post

Why not consider a good set of summer tires and switching to snows if you need them for winter?
Because;
- the tires are too big, I can't fit four in the trunk only (however, it will damage the trunk cardboard too)
- if I need to put two inside the car, they will destroy literally the leather. I don't even know if they fit, because they are big.
- if I protect the backseat with a blanket, their weight will "sink" the backseat, and the dealer do not replace the wheels right away, sometimes you drop the car in the morning, and they will install them at 5 o'clock
- more hassle for me, plus the wheels are very heavy
- the other wheels require space in the garage. Yes, the dealer can stock them for me for $350 a year, so no thank you plus I don't trust them
- the more time the car sees the dealership the more prone is too damage ( a scratch, a ding, a wheel damage, greasy fingerprints on my car)
- the tire change is done usualy by the unexperienced young tech fellow who is not considerate.

My Jaguar was in white leather, every time I drop it for a problem, always they manage to put oily fingerprints on the car or on my seats. In that moment I decided for all-season. Got the MXV4 for four years, never been more happy.

I have called Tirerack, they suggested the Continental. But from what I see the Pilot AS and MXM4 are better in cornering and all around experience. Due to the pattern, the Continentals are better in snow, but not that much.

I have the MXM4 as OEM tire on my Accord Coupe. They are very nice and quiet but do not exceed in snow...
Appreciate 0