12-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #18
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan35 View Post
Thanx a lot for the info! Checked on internet, indeed looks interesting... and expensive But then, do they provide you with some kind of fixation to the floor? How do you make sure they don't move, and still you can remove them once in a while for cleaning?

I kind of fail to understand that bmw takes the thing so lightheartedly, it something that directly affects security . Last year there was a big fuss because toyota's floor mats were going lose, and there's even an info about it on their page:
http://www.toyota.com/recall/floormat.html
Nope, not fixed but trust me they dont move! They are extremely heavy, about 2cm thick and have rubber spikes on the bottom that just grip the built in carpet. You can take them out and vacuum/wash them but I find that they just dont get dirty. I generally just give them a good shake out and trust me my cars are very very clean, I don't even let BMW valet them when they go in for a service in case they mess them up.

If you think the X1's carpets are bad you must see the Mini's. Even worse. I threw them in the bin after 2 months and just as dangerous as you mention. Missed the brake a few times due to them riding up. Thats why they are in the bin!
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0