View Single Post
      10-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
Redsoxx1918
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Pirelli's free road hazard warranty

Has anyone ever taken advantage of Pirelli's free road hazard warranty? I should have but didn't know about it. It's my own fault as I didn't read all my warranty paperwork in full. How many of you have inserted the tire warranty disk into your computer and read it in entirety?

I can tell you that your dealership will not offer up this information. For those who haven't read it, Pirelli does not recommend the repair of runflat tires and, therefore, offers a free road hazard warranty for their runflat tires. During the first year or 2/32 of tread wear, Pirelli will replace your tire for free, whether there is a defect in materials or workmanship or if your tire encounters road hazard damage. You just pay for the mounting and balancing. After the first year or 2/32 of tread wear, Pirelli will replace the tire on a pro rated basis.

My first X1 encountered a nail in the sidewall after I drove through a snow bank at Home Depot. I had the tire replaced at my dealership for $258. I admit I wasn't aware of Pirelli's warranty on my P7, and no one in the service dept mentioned it.

Just bought a new 2015 X1 and if I get a flat this time, I'll be taking advantage of the warranty.
Appreciate 0