View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #76
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
1000lbs more? This is exactly the reading comprehension fail I'm talking about.

You'll beat me in a drag because of your mods, but I'd walk a stock M3.

The X1 weighs only about 200lbs more, not 1000. And a N55 engine with a JB4 stg 2 puts out about 400hp and 450lbft torque, as is well established.

So you're looking at +200lbs, -14hp, +150-200lbft torque with the benefit of AWD launch.

As I said multiple times, the M3 will walk the X1 at triple digit speeds where the horsepower differential and drag come into play. But otherwise - closer than you thought, isn't it?
I adjusted my figures, the difference was gross weight vs. curb weight, so my bad, but still, are we going to see some 1/4 mile times out of you, or some V-box numbers to verify any of your claims, other than the same engine in a different car. I mean, I bought the M for the road course, not drag, but your confidence in your straight line speed is ridiculous. IRL everything's close in a 0-60, but dude... get off it, and the only real power mod I've done is the exhaust, almost all my mods get me around a road course faster not the 1/4 mile. This has been fun, now time for a drive