Thread: Tires, again
View Single Post
      04-28-2016, 03:38 AM   #23
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

I was thinking of waiting couple more months before I swap the tires but saw a nail had already made its way to the front right tire - 2 nails in 2 years - quite an achievement . I could still continue driving until air starts leaking out the sides of the nail or sth which I'm doing atm but I'm planning to go for a drive with BMW club here so didn't want the tires ruin it. So, went ahead and ordered a set. I can't believe it's so hard to get 235/45 & 265/40 combo in 18" here. The only 3 brands/models the tire shop I went to had were ContiSportContact3, Yokohama Advan Sport V105 & Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2. As per the review I wanted to go with Goodyear but then realized they were just too expensive. Didn't get to check the Yokohama price at all as all this happened so quickly. So, went with ContiSportContact3. They aren't any way near cheap either as they set me back AUD 1,500 for all 4 tires.

Now, since getting puncture doesn't seem to be a rare thing, at least for me, I have already ordered a bmw mobility kit and a bmw advanced car eye. But I won't get the mobility kit before I go for the drive so bit anxious there

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0