03-14-2021, 01:05 PM   #43
bassrebel
The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsleeper View Post
My mechanic is good, but he didn't catch the meth bung screw. He had some physical injury that week so I give him a pass for trying to finish my car when he should have gone to see a doctor LOL Real dedication from my mechanic!

I'd maybe suggest putting the stock intake back just as a guess/experiment (I have no experience with aftermarket intakes, but I read too much forums and a lot have weird issues/CEL lights that can come up with them).

Edit: Here's an example thread I just googled real quick

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1277178
So I just put back the OEM air intake, cleaned the sensors, and still getting the same problem. However, the code 29d9 is no longer present. Unfortunately, it did not prevent misfires.

The misfire is either cylinder 4, 5, or 6, which is bank 2.

Based on what I read, one guy had the same problem, and upon changing the oxygen sensor wiring the problem went away, apparently, the shop had switched them. Maybe that's my problem... I just don't know where the harness is in the N55... all I've seen is for N54.

I'll check with the shop owner to see if he really tried new coils or coils from another car... if it's from another car then we may have a culprit... We shall see!

Last edited by bassrebel; 03-14-2021 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 1