View Single Post
      09-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #21
D Unit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 x1 s28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwtrogus View Post
I installed a VRSF 7inch intercooler recently, all went well and the intercooler and components fit well with trimming of the black plastic inner bumper on X1 35i M Sport, N55...

I decided on the 7in VRSF because I wanted to give the front end a better look and the extra 2 inches really help make the intercooler more visible from the front inside the M Sport bumper. The clamps and piping work well and fit up just fine. I have an ER Charge pipe and that worked well with the VRSF upper intercooler pipe. As with any intercooler install, you have to think it through and position t-bolt hose clamps in a direction that can be reached to tighten. I did the install by myself and used jacks and jack stands to raise the front of the car in my garage. All in all it was a few hours and most of the time was spent cutting and trial fitting the intercooler. The stock intercooler can be removed in 15 minutes! If the 7in fits I am sure all of the other 5in intercoolers would be a breeze to install.
I don’t know of any other 7in intercooler installs on the X1 35i so I wanted to give everyone a heads up that it is possible and works great, just need to cut(dremel tool and tin snips) about 2 inches of material off the black bumper plastic then your good to go! Very pleased with the product and Tiago at VRSF has been helpful and part of the BMW community for a while and has great products at competitive prices. You'll see great reviews of his producs from 135 or 335 guys on those forums.

http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-7-front...-e90-e92.html?
I've been trying to research online, but since the 7" intercooler fits behind the msport bumper, do you think it will also work for the n20? I can't seem to find anyone installing an aftermarket intercooler on an n20 yet so that your comments would be extremely helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwtrogus View Post

At this point, I have everything bolted onto this X1 that I can to make power and run 40% mix e85 and JB4 Iso with FF wires, map 5. Possible next step is the Pure Turbo upgrade and custom dual exhaust with quad tips.
2014 X1 35i M Sport, Alpine White w/ Coral Red interior
BMS, Intake
BMS, Sport Oil Cooler Valve
BMS, Oil Catch Can
BMS, JB4 ISO and FF wires map 5 with 40% E85 and USB for logging
VRSF 7inch Intercooler
ER Chargepipe
AFE intake scoops, custom fitted
H&R lowering spring kit
Volk Racing G2 forged wheels, Gloss Black 19x8.5 and 19x9.5
Continental DWS 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
AR Catless 4in downpipe
BMW Coding by CN555ic
E84-N55 PA custom plate!
BMW Performance shift knob, 25162153758
6000k HID Bulbs
Cree LED Fog light bulbs and backup bulbs
Solaris, silver turn signal bulbs
BMW natural air freshener kit
BMW Performance Black kidney grills
Infinity Basslink 10in powered subwoofer

How does your catless downpipe smell while driving and at stop lights? I've read various responses from the Subaru forums of catless DPs smelling less after a tune and some say the still smell like rotten eggs. Does the auto/start feature help at stoplights with the smell too?
Appreciate 0