View Single Post
      02-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #65
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X

I'm an American, have owned 13 BMW's none of which have had a V8 and would not take a Tahoe, Ford or Chevy or Ram pick up or SUV if you gave it to me. I'm not interested in a 6.2 liter Chevy engine. I wouldn't buy a BMW with a V8. Totally disagree we want the biggest engine we can get, look at the summer of 2007 when gas went to $4 and you couldn't give away those vehicles. Gas will probably hit $4 this year and keep rising so the day is coming when almost all V8's be will gone. Ford's getting ready to put a 4 cylinder turbo in the Explorer, Chevy is putting one in the Regal and it won't be long before Camaro's and other "sports cars" will get them. I don't want to waste gas, I'm not a tree hugger but when I can drive my turbo 4 Mini Clubman S and get 28-29 mpg in the city I'll take that all day. I would never consider a V8 in a car or SUV, I have the money to buy and drive any car I want and I drive a 335i. Once you get decent gas milage you don't ever want to go back. When I'm done driving my 335i (which could be soon if the HPFP goes out) I will get a 4 cylinder turbo BMW. Times are changing, someday soon gas will be be $4-6 in the US and the entire dynamics will change, people will discover they don't really need having their wife driving around in a Tahoe getting 14 mpg and feeling like your driving a barge.
Appreciate 0