mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Oh dear,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Of course and I would pose similar argument that your view are not entirely representative of NA drivers as well.
Judging by other posts on here I think some of your fellow countrymen would beg to differ. At least I would hope so.

Quote:
Fact is we don't pay 6-9 dollars per liter and until we do...
No, only 3-4 dollars is required to achieve this. It's generally what the rest of the world is paying.

Quote:
, most red blooded car enthusiast would pay for largest displacement we can afford.
What the he'll is a "red-blooded" car enthusiast? And I take it you are again only talking about the NA Market? Oh and by the way I think that most on this forum are car enthusiasts and would take exception to this comment, it smacks of a arrogance that does you no favours. Not one on this X1 forum have a 6cyl X1 that I am aware of.

Quote:
As I already mentioned my opinion originates from my personal taste and point of view, 4 cylinder engine may be successful but not with the traditional "luxury" car buyer.
You say it's your opinion but in the same sentence you then go on to make a statement? Anyway, yet again the average BMW buyer most certainly does not buy a large capacity car as BMW sales figures would attest to. Or are you saying that the average BMW is not a luxury car?

Quote:
I don't think heavy, high displacement vehicles are going away.
Oh yes they are, maybe not in the USA but the move in the rest of the world is towards smaller SUVs, massive sales increases in Tiguans, X1s, RAV etc are proof of this.

Quote:
SUV sales are returning from the low, and as SCOTT's comments have indicated X5, X6 are hot, even in emerging markets, and cases can be made for Porsche's Cayenne. In fact the panamera and cayenne have been out selling lower displacement, lower emission caymans.
This by no means represents the average, they are very much niche vehicles with low sales volumes. And just for interest the boxster and cayman are to get 4cyl engines in the near future. Why, because of demand and changing EU legislation of course.

Quote:
I am going to make a bold claim: most people don't care for the environment until 1) it hurts their pocket book, 2) acid rain comes down in their backyard. If they do we wouldn't need luxury or gas guzzler tax, or mandatory emission standards.
Mmmmm, difficult one. Actually, no, simple. You are wrong.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0