05-19-2020, 07:26 PM   #11
Duchess22
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: %C2%91%E2%80%9911 e92 335i spo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbod View Post
Well the 335i had a slightly heavier steering feel and is obviously lower than the X1. The X1 inspires more confidence in the corners than my 335i did, funny enough. It just feels more planted and predictable. Stock for stock the X1 was making more power. I know they are rated at the same amount but it was a noticeable difference. I owned both cars for a year and had them both stock at one point. I had both of them in the garage and did just what you said. I used the 335i once a week for a fun drive or weekend car but it was just so similar to the X1 that it didn't make sense to keep it. I wasn't willing to push the 335i further than I already had it, so it just no longer made sense to keep. I knew that most of my aftermarket parts would fit the X1 so I would have a quick little SAV.]

Thanks for the insight. I have been investigating the aftermarket world. There is a lack of information and selection for the e84 35i unless I’m missing something. It’s based on the e9x. So logic would dictate compatibility. However vendors like ecs tuning are void of information. Popular “e” and “f” series are well documented. Interested in CP, DP, tunes, and exhaust.

I leaned today that the tires on the car being transferred are crap. salrus 6-32 or some such. That’s bush league and will be addressed should I move forward.

[If you're okay with the depreciation and maintenance then the X1 is obviously the better choice.]

The depreciation of the X1 is a concern, but I’ll be alright if it gives me joy. As for Maintenance, I know what I’m getting into after owning my coupe. 25% hate-75% love. Pay to play.

Orange was my second choice. I think it looks great on the X1.
Since I cannot find grey. I’m hoping this will strike a nerve (in a good way).
Appreciate 0