05-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #10
Turbod
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E84 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess22 View Post
How do you feel they compare? If I had it my way the coupe would stay in the garage like a classic, and DD the X1. I thought about a Crosstrek for a winter car/DD. But my better half said I’d get board with it fast.
Well the 335i had a slightly heavier steering feel and is obviously lower than the X1. The X1 inspires more confidence in the corners than my 335i did, funny enough. It just feels more planted and predictable. Stock for stock the X1 was making more power. I know they are rated at the same amount but it was a noticeable difference. I owned both cars for a year and had them both stock at one point. I had both of them in the garage and did just what you said. I used the 335i once a week for a fun drive or weekend car but it was just so similar to the X1 that it didn't make sense to keep it. I wasn't willing to push the 335i further than I already had it, so it just no longer made sense to keep. I knew that most of my aftermarket parts would fit the X1 so I would have a quick little SAV.

If you're okay with the depreciation and maintenance then the X1 is obviously the better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess22 View Post
[My car is Valencia Orange - it wouldn't have been my first choice but it's grown on me over time. And I almost never see another look-a-like car - so that brings some excitement when I do.]

I hear you on the color. The one I’m eyeballing is orange also. It looks great on the m2. I’d have to see it in person.

My e92 is platinum gold. Never see those. God I love that color.
Orange was my second choice. I think it looks great on the X1.
2020 F97 X3M | 11.0@123
2023 G80 M3 xDrive
Appreciate 0