View Single Post
      05-17-2020, 07:03 PM   #2
Scratchboat
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 xDrive35i

I'm thrilled with my 2015 X1 xDrive35i M-Sport! It handles well, very responsive to throttle and benefits from lots of the tuning options available for the 135i & 335i. In my case I would have preferred a 3-series wagon if it was available with a six cylinder engine - I didn't want an N20 turbo four. I've done some light tuning (Burger N55 Stage 1, MHD Android App, Alpina Transmission Flash, etc.) which make driving more fun. I also found some smoother riding Michelin MOE run-flat tires that I prefer to the stiffer BMW "star" Pirelli tires mounted on the car when I purchased it as BMW CPO.

My car is Valencia Orange - it wouldn't have been my first choice but it's grown on me over time. And I almost never see another look-a-like car - so that brings some excitement when I do.

There are a couple of annoying aspects to the M-Sport package - you lose the heated steering wheel and the "aero" body kit causes the rocker panels to stick out below the door somewhat. In inclement weather this make it easy to get your pants muddy or wet when entering & exiting the car - especially for shorter people.

Last edited by Scratchboat; 05-18-2020 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 1