View Single Post
      05-17-2020, 05:44 PM   #1
Duchess22
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: %C2%91%E2%80%9911 e92 335i spo

No love for X1 35i M-Sport????

Going down the rabbit hole for my e93 335i ‘11 and stumbled upon the ‘15 35i M-Sport. Zero love and very few reviews here in the states. I understand the inline 6 turbo was a North America edition.

I am in love with my ‘11 e92. Still going strong at 76k (easy) miles and have now begun to add some mods to it. Yeah it took me a bit. Cobb tune and a down pipe. Looking towards a DP and PE exhaust mod.

I began look at a small used suv’s that would give me “some” of the driving experience with more ground clearance for my aging parents but retain some good looks. (Not too tall).

x3/4 m40i= great in your face power but price is not where I want to be. I’m not super crazy about the aesthetic visual proportions of either. The ratios seems off. Too much glass on top. Personal preference. (Still haven’t driven the last version of the 35i)

x5= too big and heavy for my needs/wants. In addition, I’d need the big motor. And that opens a whole new can of worms in the long run. Love the looks though.

x2 35i= great looks and size. However the move to a turbo 4 has left me wanting. Yes it is tuned to run. But it needs a few beats to think about it and I’m not keen on a motor wound so tightly to get results. The move to a FWD biased drive train wasn’t thrilling either.

I guess I’m wondering about the X1 35i M-Sport. Very few out there. I now know it’s based on my chassis and not extremely successful.

Any insight/comparisons?

Side note: I all models must have the M-Sport package.
Appreciate 0