Thread: My First X1
View Single Post
      06-23-2014, 11:55 PM   #21
Biggest BMW Fan
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 20d

[QUOTE=willowlamb;16173735]My 1st BMW. I have a few problems that I'm trying to find out if others have. I have a 2014 X1 x28i with the M sport package.

-Very noisy when I first start it up. It sounds like a diesel and the muffler seems to rattle. I asked the dealer and they said this is normal. I get that it's a turbo..etc. but it sounds like some old clunker.

-For some reason the car came with every option but the dealer did not order XEON lights. The regular lights are just simply horrible. I have to use High Beams to see the roads at night. Do other X1 owners feel the same?

I can only comment on two of your questions Willowlamb ...

Firstly my previous car (BMW 116i) which also had a direct injection TwinPower motor was terrible at start up. Very noisy and ruff. Apparently its normal. I actually find my diesel X1 much smoother on start up

As for the xenon lights I too was unfortunate enough to get a car with halogen lights. If I compare them to my wife's car which also has halogen lights the X1 isn't bad! I find if you drive with the front fog lights on you get a nice throw of light in front of the car. However, I would have preferred xenon. Pity you can't add them at a later stage without costing a small fortune or affecting your motorplan!
Appreciate 0