Thread: My First X1
View Single Post
      06-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #15
willowlamb
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 x28i

My 1st BMW. I have a few problems that I'm trying to find out if others have. I have a 2014 X1 x28i with the M sport package.

-Very noisy when I first start it up. It sounds like a diesel and the muffler seems to rattle. I asked the dealer and they said this is normal. I get that it's a turbo..etc. but it sounds like some old clunker.

-For some reason the car came with every option but the dealer did not order XEON lights. The regular lights are just simply horrible. I have to use High Beams to see the roads at night. Do other X1 owners feel the same?

Also can anyone confirm or point me in the right direction for instructions for iphone 5s and the idrive system. The button on my steering wheel does nothing to activate siri and from the posts it appears that some owners say holding the button in will activate siri. Mine just activates the horrible in system voice command. I obviously can and do hit the home button on my iphone to activate it but even when I do the voice sounds very static over the speakers in the car. Sounds like an overseas call.
Appreciate 0