04-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
AlexK
Private First Class
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d, 2013 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsbabybeamer View Post
My X1 has been "waiting to be loaded on a vessel" for 9 days now, my lease is over in 3 weeks and I need my car.

Now the unbelievable part is that no one in the entire BMW organization can tell me when my X1 will leave Germany. When you speak to BMW North America they are nothing more than a call center, they can not and will not make any effort to find out when my car will ship. I bring them through the logical thought process such as "please call another division even if you need to call Germany and find out when my car will ship" and the reply is there is no one we can call. I have asked for any other phone # so that I can get a better answer and they repeatedly refer me back to my dealership. My dealership has the same info I have from the automated system. BMW must think that the people they sell there products to must all be idiots if they want us to believe that the shipping of our cars are like spinning a roulette wheel and which car and when it is shipped is completely at random. Does anyone believe that BMW lets the car jockey in the holding yard in Germany decide what car goes on the ship, sure sounds like it from the lack of information and cooperation they have given me. Does anyone know how I can get an answer to what I believe is a very reasonable question for someone whom will be paying for a car for 5 years working 60 hours a week to pay for it?

Please excuse my aggravation, it is hard to tame considering the complete lack of customer service BMW gives it's customers.

Thanks for any info you can provide
You seem to be very upset because of a very minor issue... The car WILL get to you sooner or later, and BMW (or any other company like Mercedes, Porsche or whatever) doesn't guarantee a specific day delivery (because multiple delays may happen for various issues), so there's no good reason for being upset over whole thing... Just wait - the car WILL come. If your lease is about to expire - just talk to your dealer and figure out some temporary solution for it, like a lease extension, or a free rental, or whatever - I'm sure the dealer will come up with a satisfactory solution.
Appreciate 0