View Single Post
      10-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
1fastscooter
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 Msport 28i LeMans Blue

My First BMW (with 4 wheels)

Hi All,
After Buying my First BMW scooter, I felt that I could enjoy the cars as well. I opted to order the X28 M Sport in LeMans blue / Black Neveda Leather. I ordered it in August and using this site I followed it online, that was great! I got it back in September but have not had much chance to drive it; until I drove east to Idaho/Washington boarder. I have a customer in Clarkston Wa/ Lewiston Id area. The 5 hour ride was very comfy, up over the mountian pass and thru the smaller roads until I get to the Curvy's Wa261 passing Polouse Falls State park. to Starbuck Wa.
The X1 handles great, the 25mph curves going at 45 with tires squeeling and rushing feeling of racing..Yeah, not that fast but fun and sooo much better than the CX-7 (Mazda) I had.

While there I also tried a high speed run on the open mesa top with a 5 mile straight shot toward Rattlesnake grade and Boggan's Oasis. Topping 125 you could feel the air trying to pick you up and just felt worse hitting 135, so I didn't go further.

At rattle snake grade, I switched to Sport drive and turned DTC off. most of the course was great, but road work half way thru slowed me down a little.

I would recommend if you find yourself in the area, it's worth the detour to drive it.

Now back in Bellevue, I am extremely happy with my decision to purchase the X1, and will try the high speed run again when I lower her down,,,,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0