View Single Post
      11-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #39
themishmosh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEmDoubleV View Post
Follow the instructions from BMW … you drill a hole in the running board trim and insert a rivet. Yeah it is unnerving doing that but makes them secure.

The profile of the running board trim is different. The wheel well width is also slightly wider. That said I and others have installed the BMW OEM mud flaps on our M-Sport. The rear flaps are easy as one only needs to deal with the width issue with some slight trimming. The front are a bit more problematic as there is some fine trimming as well muscling needed.

Here is my post on doing the install: http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...12&postcount=7
Appreciate you sharing all that. I installed the mudflaps on my M-sport today with some difficulty. I did not trim anything because the gaps here and there really are not that noticeable--certainly not for anyone not looking for them.

You were right about that bottom large/long retainer that requires a punch--very odd setup. Unfortunately, my punch managed to go through the tip as I was tapping it in with a hammer! I had to remove it, after which, I replaced it with the original. the original is somewhat threaded but I could not get it to snug up--not even sure if there are threads in the hole side at all. Just kept spinning. I will have to look for some replacement if that original plastic bolt manages it's way out.

All-in-all, very pleased with the mud flaps.
Appreciate 0