11-12-2014, 04:13 AM   #37
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx_1 View Post
I went ahead and bought the mud flaps and planned on installing them myself... and then I notice that for the M Sport there is no side molding to attach to. Should I attach them on the inside/bottom and call it good? I'm afraid it might look bad and/or damage the paint.
Follow the instructions from BMW … you drill a hole in the running board trim and insert a rivet. Yeah it is unnerving doing that but makes them secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxpro View Post
Can anyone explain why the mudflaps aren't compatible with MSport models and has anyone had success installing mudflaps on an MSport?
The profile of the running board trim is different. The wheel well width is also slightly wider. That said I and others have installed the BMW OEM mud flaps on our M-Sport. The rear flaps are easy as one only needs to deal with the width issue with some slight trimming. The front are a bit more problematic as there is some fine trimming as well muscling needed.

Here is my post on doing the install: http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...12&postcount=7

Last edited by BeEmVe; 11-12-2014 at 04:20 AM..
Appreciate 0